- Submitting CHAOS 15 minutes before the deadline
- Pair coding on VMAP code with Newton and Timon and being told i have “magic hands”
- Having drinks with Laura and then going back and hacking together the human data collection form for implicature work
- Lab Socials: 1) post NEURIPS dinner with Rob and Tim. Good food and a very entertaining discussion about why safety is important. 2) summer drinks with UCL dark and friends. Highlight was Ed shouting to me “Short my ass” when meeting Jesse
- Ice-creams on the FAIR roof in summer with Mika and the RL group
- UCL speaker series with Max Jaderberg - very much felt the full UCL dark energy
- First meeting with Jakob to show IPD results in which the response was that I clearly had a bug in my code
- Stoping work on Bronson project. On the flipside, subsequent coffee with Tim and Ed was very positive. They say this is was fine but should only happen once - really appreciated their honesty and clarifying expectations
- Withdrawing Maestro because it needed more work / being unable to get good MultiCarRacing results
- Awkward conversations about paper authorship.
- Pushback from Buck and Co on the importance of MultiAgent Safety
improvements i’ve noticed:
- How to run a research project and the cadence required to produce results on a weekly basis.
- Identifying problem worth solving and if its tractable with your given approach.
- Approaching collaborations, organising work and what work i enjoy
- Worrying less about code quality for research
things I still need to learn:
- Get better at finding papers which will have high impact.